A NIBBLE OF LACTOFERMENTATION | 05.22.2023
Join us for a 2.5 hour introductory cooking class to lactofermentation.
Perhaps you've always wondered how cabbage becomes sauerkraut and have dreamed of making your own with your own spice and herb combination. Or you've wondered how to make sauerkraut less sour and less salty or more sour and more salty. Or perhaps you'd like to figure out a fun way to use the other million sticks of celery that come with the two you needed to make ragu. And if you like cocktails, Christine has a fun brine secret to share. Or maybe hot sauces are your thing, in which case, you surely won't feel left out either.
In this cooking class, for a smaller commitment than a 4 hour class in terms of time and money, you will experience the following:
- An apero riche whilst discussing the theory of lactofermentation
- Une dégustation de ferments dont vous n'aurez jamais entendu parler mais qui sont si faciles à recréer
- 2 ferments (un avec du sel, un avec de la saumure) à emporter chez vous
- A handout with the basic principles of lactofermenting with salt
- And, perhaps most importantly, the inspiration you need to follow your tastebuds and explore new ways of transforming every day ingredients into flavour powerhouses.
We will not delve into the health properties of fermentation in this class but know that the microbes you will invite into your diet will be doing you tons of good, which is a wonderful added bonus.
| A welcome drink will be offered by la Grillette, Domaine de Cressier. |
6pm - 8.30pm
99 chf | Apero riche, ingredients, lactofermentation sheets, apron for the class, welcome drinks with the dishes & beers included |
ISP AGENCEMENTS | Route de l’Areuse 8, CORTAILLOD | Places de parking juste devant le showroom
All subscriptions are final.
If you are not able to attend the cooking class for which you have registered, you can send your registration to a third party, under the condition of notifying us in writing |info@leslaboratoiresculinaires | no later than 6 hours before the class begins.
Please notify us of any severe food allergies by indicating it during check-out or by writing to us | firstname.lastname@example.org | no later than 10 working days before the date of the chosen class.